STEALTH Sidemount Gear
The STEALTH 2.0 Sidemount gear components
This is by no means a reinvention of the wheel but simply an adaptation and adjustment of already proven and accepted Sidemount gear, techniques, features and configurations. We felt that the Sidemount setup should be simplified and only have the following necessary and useful features. We have written a number of good articles about Sidemount diving and published them on our Blog. Please have a look.
1) Switching from drysuit to wetsuit in less then 5 minutes (As teaching and guiding in a drysuit but exploring in a wetsuit).
2) Easy to add or remove up to 36lbs/16.5kg weight under water in specific designed compartments that help with trim. (To simplify teaching by having the possibility to weight and trim the student without leaving the water).
3) No plastic buckles, clips or other easy to brake material.
4) Adopt the simplicity of the Hogarthian Gear Configuration.
5) The possibility to add a butt plate when diving with steel cylinders in cold water or when diving deep.
6) Multiple and flexible adjustment points to fit any size diver from huge to tiny.
7) Sufficient space to pack enough weight for heavy undergarment and soft weights.
8) A buoyancy device system that is removable under water (to give maximum safety when diving extremely small caves) and be placed where the diver really needs it: On the lower back instead around the shoulders.
9) Enough lift to carry heavy tanks, multiple stages, scooters and camera gear with minimum lift of 36lbs/16.5kg.
10) Power Inflator and dump valve.
11) A buoyancy device that follows the natural body curve of the diver with a horizontal position and an arched back.
12) Maximum streamlining.
13) Maximum durability and high quality materials (heavy duty Cordura, webbing and zipper).
After six months of designing and 18 month of test diving while implementing changes and re-designing we are very happy and proud to present our CE certified STEALTH 2.0 Sidemount System.
We have used the STEALTH 2.0 system for long range 30.000ft/9km penetration multi-stage, multi-scooter exploratory cave dives, while diving in wetsuits and drysuits, conducting multi gas technical trimix deep dives, extreme Sidmount and no-mount cave diving, Sidemount wreck diving as well as leisure open water ocean Sidemount diving with over 200 hours of diving and testing in these different environments and diving applications.
As an option you can pick up your STEALTH 2.0 gear here at our ProTec Dive Center locations in Playa del Carmen or Tulum. We accept paypal, credit cards via paypal, cash and wire money transfer.
If you plan to do your Sidemount training with ProTec Dive Centers or pick up your STEALTH 2.0 gear at our ProTec locations we offer a free gear adjustment workshop.